First Night of Study

Well, I promised some pics of the resources, and they're at this link. I will update as I understand what everything is.

Now, on to the studying. Wow! There is a lot to cover. In just the first night, I have covered some fairly advanced aerodynamic stuff regarding planes. Many parts of the planes have been identified already, their functions, and even some formulas explaining how drag and thrust cancel each other, as does lift and gravity. The shape of the wings contribute to the lift, different wing types, affects of frost on a plane, ground effects that make a plane take off prematurely, all kinds of things. I had no idea there would be this much to cover.

This is a short post. After the class tomorrow night, I will write about what was actually covered and what is critical. The first assignment tonight was to read about 25 pages of the stuff mentioned above. The information is staggering. I'm hoping it will all make more sense in time. Right now, it's just random facts.

Comments

Popular Posts