A Father's Day Gift

I'm getting a pilot's license. My plan is to blog about this experience for those who might be interested, especially in the northern Tennessee area. I have other blogs I'm also trying to keep up as well. The classes take place twice a week, so my plan is to write about them right afterward, or at the latest, the day afterward.

A Father's Day Gift

My wife and two kids surprised me with an early Father's Day gift. They got me lessons to go to ground school in Westmoreland, Tennessee. I didn't get an actual cost for the thing, but I think it was around $300 or $400. This is just the ground school. Actual flight lessons vary in cost, I think. They take place after the actual school is completed.

The first class on May 30 is free and is to get you all of the information required to attend classes, as well as answer any questions the attendees may have. I believe the instructor's name is Cordell, and from what I've heard, he is extremely nice, patient, and experienced.

A Little History

I've flown commercially, and I liked it. I've only flown in a smaller plane once, and it was amazing! I'll admit... the take-off scared the crap out of me, because here's the kicker: I'm terrified of heights! It's true. I don't like them. I get extremely nervous around them. It's not paralyzing, but I'm definitely not comfortable around them. Now, if I'm strapped in and secure, I can get by, but I don't like it. That being said, I think the more I fly, the easier it will become. I know that once I'm in the air, I love it. The turns in a plane mess me up a little bit, but I think, again, I would get used to them.









Comments

Popular Posts