Not Much New This Time

Frankly, there's just not a lot of new to talk about. You really have to be present in the classes to understand everything that's going on. We just went through the medical and "I'M SAFE" acronym stuff. We also covered the oxygen deprivation issues (hypoxia). This occurs when you're at certain altitudes, on certain medications, etc.

Just before that, we covered the weight and balance of a plane very thoroughly. I feel comfortable with it. It's not overly complicated. Math is involved, but nothing very complex.


We've got weather stuff coming up, and that, from what I understand, is going to be the real challenges. There's a great deal of weather stuff to cover. That's coming up, but hopefully, it won't be extremely difficult.

The biggest issue/concerns I'm having right now are memorizing the airspace limits as far as visibility, above clouds, below clouds, etc. for the the different airspaces. Some of it really seems conflicting. I need some time (or some external resources) to figure out exactly how Class E and G airspaces differentiate, and what the visibilities are. The speed limits are also confusing, but not terribly.

All in all, if I had to take the test today over what I know, I'd be able to pass. The rest of the book, I still don't know anything about, but I think I could pass the knowledge test on the areas we've covered so far. I'll continue to study the things I don't know, and figure out the answers to the questions I don't know as well.

Comments

Popular Posts