Fourth Class Complete

Getting there...

Wow! Aerodynamics take a lot to go through and comprehend, but luckily, it's not a huge part of the tests. I just started learning about the instrument panel, how to read gauges, etc. This stuff will apply more to what I'll be using day to day when flying.

Everyone in class is getting more comfortable with each other. Lots more talking going on this time. I took my boy Joshua with me. He was bored out of his mind, but, he hung in there like a champ.
A couple of things got discussed that actually made me more nervous. First, steep banks are part of the training. Steep turns at 45 to see how it feels as a pilot. Then, the plane will be intentionally stalled to show the pilot how to recover. That means there is probably going to be some other stuff I'm not going to be thrilled about.

I still have financial concerns. This flying is going to be expensive. Like really expensive. I've got a lot of other stuff the wife and I are planning on doing in addition to this. Flying is going to be extremely expensive and take away from those plans. I'm very concerned about that. I need to start a go fund me campaign or something. In actuality, I really need to start putting more money aside. I'm not sure how expensive a hobby like flying will be in the long run, but I hope it's not ridiculous and something I can keep up even after I get my license.

I just finished my fourth today. We've covered instrument panels. One thing I've decided to start doing is enter all of the questions from the book into a Quiz App on my phone and try to take the quiz a few times a week to keep the information fresh in my mind. It's really helping. I'm hoping I'm not just memorizing the questions rather than the concepts, but I guess they're one in the same to some extent.

Homework

The first Thursday, we had homework due - 25 multiple choice questions straight from the text. The textbook actually had the correct answers right next to them. The second Tuesday, the same - another 25 questions. These two sets were graded and logged. We have to get an average of 80% on our quizzes in order to qualify to take the written exams. If the quizzes we do at home continue to count, then it shouldn't be extremely difficult to get that. Today (the second Thursday) we had 55 questions due for homework, but we also had an actual 10-question multiple choice quiz as well. Now, this quiz were identical questions from the text (copied and pasted), but the answers were not given to us. These count into the average as well. I've gotten 100%'s on all of the homework assignments, and I got a 90% on the 10-question quiz. So, my average is up and off to a great start. The app I mentioned earlier is going to be a great part of this continuous studying that's going to be required. 

Comments

Popular Posts